How to Downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
Apple’s latest operating system, iOS 16, comes with a host of new features and improvements. However, not all users may want to upgrade to iOS 16, as it may cause compatibility issues with some apps or devices. If you’ve upgraded to iOS 16 and want to downgrade to iOS 15, this guide will help you do it.
Before You Begin
Before you downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Back up your device: Downgrading from iOS 16 to iOS 15 will erase all data on your device. Therefore, it’s important to back up your device before you begin.
- Check compatibility: Make sure that your device is compatible with iOS 15. Not all devices that support iOS 16 can run iOS 15.
- Download iOS 15: You will need to download the iOS 15 firmware file for your device. You can find it on Apple’s website or through third-party sources.
Steps to Downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
Follow these steps to downgrade your device from iOS 16 to iOS 15:
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes or Finder, depending on your operating system.
- Put your device in recovery mode. The process for doing this varies depending on your device. You can check Apple’s website for instructions on how to put your device in recovery mode.
- Once your device is in recovery mode, iTunes or Finder will prompt you to restore your device. Hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) and click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Select the iOS 15 firmware file that you downloaded earlier and click “Open.”
- Wait for iTunes or Finder to finish restoring your device to iOS 15. This may take several minutes, depending on the speed of your computer and the size of the firmware file.
- Once the restore process is complete, your device will reboot and display the “Hello” screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
Downgrading from iOS 16 to iOS 15 can be useful if you’re experiencing compatibility issues with certain apps or devices. However, it’s important to note that once you downgrade, you may not be able to restore your device to iOS 16. Therefore, it’s important to back up your device before you begin and ensure that downgrading is the right choice for you.
Follow these steps to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15, and you’ll be able to enjoy the stability and compatibility of the older operating system.